Meet the Winemaker – yep that’s me!!
I am looking forward to this event at Dogpatch Wine Works tasting room. I hope you join me and share a glass of Passaggio Wine on April 18th from 5-8pm. 2455 Third Street, San Francisco, CA 94107.
Come and hear my story of how I got started in the wine industry and where I plan to take the Passaggio brand…
Click here for more details
What an exciting time for so many sports fans out there!!!! Happy Super Bowl XLVII…are you ready?
I want to share a great Super Bowl recipe from one of my favorite recipe books “100 perfect pairings” written by a good friend, Jill Silverman Hough. I thought these mini pesto burgers would go great with the 2011 Passaggio UNMARKED Pinot Noir. What could be better than sitting in front of the big screen watching your favorite team, surrounded by wonderful friends, awesome food, and great wine. These sliders will be a big hit – trust me!
mini pesto burgers – serves 6
3/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (about 1 1/2 ounces)
2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
1 clove garlic
2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt, divided
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 pound 85 percent lean ground beef
6 slices provolone cheese
1 tomato, cut into 6 slices
6 white, whole wheat, or sourdough dinner rolls, split horizontally
(photo taken from page 106 in “100 perfect pairings”)
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the basil, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts,garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper and pulse to finely chop, scraping down the bowl as necessary. With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil and process until smooth, scraping down the bowl as necessary. Set the pesto aside.
- Shape the beef into 6 patties, about 3 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch thick. Cut the provolone cheese slices so that they are 2 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Prepare the grill to medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Sprinkle both sides of the patties with the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- Grill the patties to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium. During the last minute, place a slice of provolone cheese on top of each patty and place the rolls cut side down on the grill, to melt the cheese and lightly toast the buns.
- Place the tomato slices on the bottom halves of the rolls, pesto, and the top halves of the rolls and serve.
Have a great Super Bowl Sunday – I hope your favorite team wins…
As part of our daily survival, we all know what we like and don’t like when it comes to food. Why? Because our our sense of smell and our sense of taste tell us. To a certain degree, so does our sense of sight. When you become a winemaker, these senses take over again and tell you when your wine is great or when it’s not quite right. This mini-course aims to help you combine the two together – your love of food and knowing what you like and don’t like together with your love of wine for the same reasons. You will find eight chapters:
• Part 1 (The Basics)
• Part 1 (The Basics)
• Part 2 (Beef, Lamb & Pork)
• Part 3 (Chicken, Goose & Duck)
• Part 4 (Barbecue)
• Part 5 (Fish & Shellfish)
• Part 6 (Cheese)
• Part 7 (Chocolate)
• Part 8 (Christmas)
• One Final Chart
Shall we get started?
Subscribe to the Passaggio Wines Newsletter and receive this Wine and Food Pairing Guide free eBook.
- Does Matching Food and Wine Really Matter? (heinkoegelenberg.typepad.com)
2012 has come and gone! Passaggio Wines is even more excited about 2013 than this time last year. Passaggio Wines dedicates 2013 as the year of raising awareness for the Artisan Winemaker. Those who are looking for exceptional, hard to find wines, can find them here without any doubt! Passaggio Wines brings to you wines made with passion and designed for enjoyment with friends and food…a true Artisan Wine!.
Help me to get the word out – it’s 2013…by virtue of the fact you are reading this, you have begun this exploration and discovery already. Let’s spread the word…and let’s spend our wants, our time and our dollars to support the Artisan Winemakers…search out those unique, hard to find gems that make you slow down and truly enjoy that glass of wine .
Make 2013 the year for sharing some great wine and awesome food with wonderful friends…
Happy New Year
I jumped into the wine industry with a passion. Doesn’t everyone? Wine can be such a luring, compelling, sexy, passionate drink. There are so many wines out there to try. Who isn’t on the hunt for great wines at a great price these days? Who doesn’t like finding those small gems that are tucked away in the crevices of the Wine Industry?
I am on the hunt for you…people who are passionate about wine. I am looking for people who believe in finding special wine that is unique and often not heard of…wine that is made with passion…wine that brings life to your table, and wine you enjoy sharing with your friends and family. I am on the hunt for those who want to be part of something special.
Yes…I am on the hunt for you!!!
I want to share my passion with you.