Follow Your Passion
I started the “Follow Your Passion” Facebook group as an opportunity to help others in their quest of following their passions, those going through the evolutions of career change or those who have hit discouraging moments and are in need of uplifting encouragement and advice. This group is all about helping…we aren’t saying that everyone has to quit their jobs to follow their passions; we are simply saying “Follow Your Passion. More about that later. If you haven’t joined the “Follow Your Passion” Facebook group and you would like to, just send a request to the page and I’ll add you.
I asked the Facebook group,”What are the top essential habits of highly passionate people?” These are the answers we received…I love them all. I took the twelve answers and put what I believe is their meaning. Take a look…
1) Patience – hone in on passion with patience. Be intentional in waiting for those moments when you can honestly say this is my passion. Do not let it be mistaken for a wild fling. Be ready by giving that passion time to develop. Without patience we would not make the right decisions. Important: Patience does not mean “putting it off until tomorrow.” Realize when it’s time and get started!
2) Persistence– sometimes we don’t realize how close we are to success! We must realize what motivates us and use it to our advantage. I love the old saying by Franklin Roosevelt – “When you have come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.” There will be times when you feel as if you don’t have the strength to go on. That’s when it’s time to take a break. Tie that knot, hang on and rest for a minute. Then get back at it!!!
3) Dedication – staying the course. Being diligent to your cause. It requires commitment and perseverance. Just remember to stop and smell the roses once in a while.
4) Optimism – this makes me think of the saying “Is the glass half full or half empty?” Having a positive attitude gives us greater joy on a day-to-day basis. Hanging out with positive people makes for a better optimistic view of what’s going on around you.
5) Open-minded – being receptive to new ways or new ideas. Flexible. Willing to change.
6) Leave the naysayers behind – these people will always be around us. Finding those who will counter balance them is the key. The naysayers are some of the most important people in your life so the best thing is to just let them be. Find people whom you can connect with and talk to about your dreams and aspirations. Find people who will encourage you along the way.
7) Stay focused on the goal – Life has a way of adding distractions along the way. We must first determine our goal and use our time wisely to achieve it.
8) Consistency – we all need structure, focus, and experience. Being consistent helps build your technique, your form and your skills. Sometimes we must consistently refocus our minds and keep on the task at hand. This allows us to keep from getting distracted. It’s a lot easier to be consistent with the things we love…
9) Belief in oneself – never give up. Never forget you have it within you to succeed. Your self-confidence stems from the belief of who you think you are, who you want to become, and what you believe in.
10) Be Amazing – you are amazing. You are an inspiration to others. Be authentic. An amazing person will make a difference in other people’s lives.
11) Supportive friends – share your passion with like-minded, positive and supportive people. I like to call this my supportive community.
12) Wine – my belief in awesome wine is that it brings something magical to the table when you share it with Wonderful friends and Great food…
Pick four people.
First person – Your Rock to lean on. Someone who will see you through your good times and bad times. Someone you can tell anything; your sounding board. Someone who will be faithful to your cause…no matter what.
Second person – The Believer. The person who believes that you can do big things with just a little…someone who believes in what you have set out to do no matter how big the task may seem.
Third person – A powerful voice. Impetuous – someone who will tell you like it is. Someone who will not tickle your ears but give you honest advice and believes in you.
Fourth person – This is your BFF – someone you trust with your soul. Someone you can count on. Someone willing to make sacrifices to help you be successful. Someone who loves you dearly…
Well there you have it…your inner circle.
Keep Following Your Passion,
Valentine’s Day is approaching…are you ready? This year let’s think outside the bag…let’s think in terms of white instead of red. Oh my goodness, yes I said white instead of red!!! For Valentine’s Day? Why not…? Why can’t we drink white wine on Valentine’s Day? How about if I give you a “red” bag to put it in? 🙂
Better yet…how about a “red” bag with Follow Your Passion stamped on it…? If you place your order between now and Feb 13th, Passaggio Wines will send you red wine bags to match your order, and a set of wine glass charms…all reminding you to follow your passion.
Let’s see…”red” bag…that goes with Valentine’s Day. “Follow Your Passion”…that goes with Valentine’s Day. Great “Wine”…that goes with Valentine’s Day. “Charms”…that goes with Valentine’s Day. I think we got it covered don’t you?
When you place your order of Passaggio Unoaked Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio you will get a “red” bag mailed directly to you for each bottle ordered (and don’t forget the charms). If you don’t want to use the red bag or the charms for the Passaggio Wines that’s ok too – just don’t tell the winemaker…LOL
Cheers and Happy Valentine’s Day!
Let’s face it…we all try to remember the past and dwell on what could have been. Some of us even try to live in the future. Wouldn’t it be easier to live in the present? Learn from the past and press on toward the future but living in the present sounds so much easier to do. No worries for tomorrow – it never comes anyway because it’s always today!
Follow your passion day-to-day and live each day to its fullest. Strive to be your best no matter what obstacles may be in your way. Grapevines struggle throughout the growing season and end up producing wonderful fruit and an awesome winemaker turns that fruit into wonderful wine. That wine ends up in a glass on your dinner table for your enjoyment bringing joy to all who drink of it.
Let’s move toward the future with today’s help leaving the past behind us…not to forget it but learn from it and grow into something wonderful… 🙂 You never know whose life you may touch…