I started the “Follow Your Passion” Facebook group as an opportunity to help others in their quest of following their passions, those going through the evolutions of career change or those who have hit discouraging moments and are in need of uplifting encouragement and advice. This group is all about helping…we aren’t saying that everyone has to quit their jobs to follow their passions; we are simply saying “Follow Your Passion. More about that later. If you haven’t joined the “Follow Your Passion” Facebook group and you would like to, just send a request to the page and I’ll add you.
I asked the Facebook group,”What are the top essential habits of highly passionate people?” These are the answers we received…I love them all. I took the twelve answers and put what I believe is their meaning. Take a look…
1) Patience – hone in on passion with patience. Be intentional in waiting for those moments when you can honestly say this is my passion. Do not let it be mistaken for a wild fling. Be ready by giving that passion time to develop. Without patience we would not make the right decisions. Important: Patience does not mean “putting it off until tomorrow.” Realize when it’s time and get started!
2) Persistence– sometimes we don’t realize how close we are to success! We must realize what motivates us and use it to our advantage. I love the old saying by Franklin Roosevelt – “When you have come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.” There will be times when you feel as if you don’t have the strength to go on. That’s when it’s time to take a break. Tie that knot, hang on and rest for a minute. Then get back at it!!!
3) Dedication – staying the course. Being diligent to your cause. It requires commitment and perseverance. Just remember to stop and smell the roses once in a while.
4) Optimism – this makes me think of the saying “Is the glass half full or half empty?” Having a positive attitude gives us greater joy on a day-to-day basis. Hanging out with positive people makes for a better optimistic view of what’s going on around you.
5) Open-minded – being receptive to new ways or new ideas. Flexible. Willing to change.
6) Leave the naysayers behind – these people will always be around us. Finding those who will counter balance them is the key. The naysayers are some of the most important people in your life so the best thing is to just let them be. Find people whom you can connect with and talk to about your dreams and aspirations. Find people who will encourage you along the way.
7) Stay focused on the goal – Life has a way of adding distractions along the way. We must first determine our goal and use our time wisely to achieve it.
8) Consistency – we all need structure, focus, and experience. Being consistent helps build your technique, your form and your skills. Sometimes we must consistently refocus our minds and keep on the task at hand. This allows us to keep from getting distracted. It’s a lot easier to be consistent with the things we love…
9) Belief in oneself – never give up. Never forget you have it within you to succeed. Your self-confidence stems from the belief of who you think you are, who you want to become, and what you believe in.
10) Be Amazing – you are amazing. You are an inspiration to others. Be authentic. An amazing person will make a difference in other people’s lives.
11) Supportive friends – share your passion with like-minded, positive and supportive people. I like to call this my supportive community.
12) Wine – my belief in awesome wine is that it brings something magical to the table when you share it with Wonderful friends and Great food…