It’s Thanksgiving and I can’t wait for a few days of rest from all the harvest activity!
My good friend, Michelle Mazzara, gave me her new book, Dolce Vita USA Cook Book, and I wanted to share a side dish that I believe you will totally love having on your Thanksgiving table this year.
Thank you Michelle for the gift!!!
Mashed Sweet Potato and Yams with Blood Orange Liqueur
3 Sweet Potatoes
1 tsp. of freshly grated ginger
1/2 tsp. of cinnamon
1/2 tsp. of nutmeg
1 stick of unsalted butter
3 tsp. of brown sugar
3 tsp. of Solerno Blood Orange Liqueur
3 tsp. of fresh orange juice
1/4 tsp. of salt and pepper
1/4 cup of fresh cream
1) Bake potatoes and yams at 380 degrees for 40 minutes or until done.
2) In a large bowl combine all ingredients and mix
3) Scoop out potato and yam and add to bowl
4) Mash potatoes and yam in with rest of ingredients
5) Add to serving dish
6) Top with zest of an orange
Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving Holiday